Historically I’ve been slow to switch browsers. I held on too long with Internet Explorer before switching to Firefox way back when. Then stood by Firefox to long after Google had pulled their more than 1billion/year sponsorship. It’s been about 5 years since I switched to Chrome and so far there is no looking back.
I guess it would be too much to expect that any browser would dominate close to 100% such that we could see the end of cross browser rendering issues… but I guess we can dream!
Great article today in Website magazine by Travis Bliffen: SEO Pricing in 2017: Understanding the Average Cost of SEO Services – ‘Net Features – Website Magazine. Travis gives a detailed explanation of the labor and associated costs involved with the process of delivering SEO service. This is a must read for business owners with the need for internet marketing services.
In the articles summation, Travis mentions “I hope this opens your eyes to the evolving landscape of digital marketing and more importantly, why you should run when you get a cheap offer that seems too good to be true.” This is something I’ve shared with prospective clients for many years. It’s great to see others SEO sharing the same beliefs!
Great article in Bloomberg today that explores the seedy underworld of paid traffic companies. Many unknowing businesses are buying referral traffic from just such companies to increase their daily traffic. Turns out most of it, while cheap, isn’t even human. It’s BOT traffic. BOTS commandeer individual PCs using malware and then browse the internet clicking through websites and on ads. Moral of the story: check your traffic logs closely and investigate, you may want to reconsider buying that cheap traffic. As they say “you only get what you pay for!”
Read thw hole story here: http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-click-fraud/
Great article today in the MOZ.com newsletter written by Kelsy Libert. If you consider MOZ amongst the authorities on Inbound Marketing this study is a must read!
Here are just a few of the golden nuggets I culled from reading the results of this survey of 1,000.
- “Most likely to have a positive influence on buying decisions: Customer reviews, search, online articles, traditional advertising, and direct mail”
- “More than 88% use online search to seek out more information about a company, and greater than 93% had done so within a week’s time.”
- “A whopping 93.2% – almost the entire survey sample – used online search to find information about a company or product within the last week. Also within a week’s time:”
- “About 85% are positively influenced by customer reviews. 45% are significantly more likely and 40% are slightly more likely to buy something they hear about via customer reviews.”
Click the link below to read the entire article.
The factors many forget to consider or never realize as costs while attempting to exploit free social media channels!
Google, often mysterious about how their search engine works, making changes behind the scenes, without even a whisper. So much out of character, Google for some months has been emailing website owners informing them that their websites are not mobile ready and that they can expect poor mobile search results going forward, unless the situation is fixed. Well now they’ve even published the date. On April 21st 2015 their new algorithm, promoting mobile ready sites, while demoting those that are not, will swing into operation.
If your site is not currently mobile responsive you have less than 2 months to make the changes needed to preserve and potentially grow your share of mobile search referrals from Google. Need help? Contact us using this link or call 717-569-2484 for a free proposal to make your site mobile responsive.
Who knows you better? Your spouse, children or maybe your parents? Guess again, Google knows you better than you might think.
I like to think my wife and I are very close. We know each others likes and diss likes, what makes one another happy if not angry. How we prefer to spend are free time and on and on. We share our most private thoughts. Things we would never consider discussing with others. Perhaps you feel the same way about one or more of the primary relationships in your life.
In case you weren’t aware you’ve saddled up to another primary relationship in your life, perhaps without even realizing it. Google has slowly but surely built an empire of data collection sources and can now claim to know you better than anyone. Maybe even your spouse.
Have a look at this Infographic and get better acquainted with your new best friend : How Much Does Google Really Know About You?
Very reminiscent of 1984!
Sorry to say the only way to break off this relationship is by divorcing virtually all of the wonderful technology that has become so much a part of our everyday lives.
- New Auto Repair Website Launched!
- Is your website keeping pace with Google?
- Web Design & Internet Marketing Infomercial
- New Dentist Website Design Launched
- 30 Second Infomercial
- One Sky Media Door Wars appears to have taken Over at Motor Mania TV!
- Hot Off The Presses – New Accounting Website for Longtime Client
- Commercial for Immediate Release
- Beautiful New Site as we Approach our 10th Anniversary Working Together!
- JUST LAUNCHED – New Mid Atlantic .90 Association Racing website design!